Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stuck in a rutt

I hate having to use that term, but that's how I feel right now.
I noticed if I make something that has - let's say, 20 rows of the same stitch, I want to go CRAZY!! I need to start getting into something a little more challenging, but I'm afraid of screwing up the design and being upset with myself.

I know, I know.... I need to get over it and be adventurous. I guess I will soon enough. I did start a new stitch I've been wanting to try - the tunisian (or afghan) stitch. There's a tank top that uses the stitch, so I'm going to try it and make myself a tank. I also want to start another stitch - broomstick lace. This is what it looks like:

(stitchdiva.com)

It looks difficult, but it's very beautiful! Lots of formal accessories will be made with this stitch.

Well, I need to get back to this order. It's almost done. After that, I have a bag to make, then I'll start some of those more difficult patterns. I promise!!

Until next time!

BTW - I still haven't made that sock...

No comments:

Post a Comment